BG Inject-A-Flush® Injector Cleaner
Product Specification and Technical Data
PRODUCT: BG Inject-A-Flush® Injector Cleaner
PART NO.: 408
ASTM TesT Method
Typical Test Result
Appearance and Odor
Specific Gravity (H20 = 1)
U.S. lbs./gal. (kg/L) @ 15.6°C (60°F)
Flash Point, TCC
< -18°C (<0°F)
IBP Boiling Point
< -48°C (-55°F)
Evaporation Rate (Water= 1)
Vapor Density (Air= 1)
Net Weight, oz. (grams)
PROBLEM: Because modern gasoline engines are finely tuned, critical fuel/air flow can be interrupted by fuel deposits that form on injector pintles, intake valves and ports. This results in driveability problems such as hesitation, surge, stumble and poor cold start performance. Fuel system deposits will also cause poor fuel economy and elevated exhaust emissions.
SOLUTION: BG Inject-A-Flush® Injector Cleaner, used in conjunction with BG 44K® will safely and effectively remove baked-on deposits from injector pintles, intake valves and other fuel system components. Thus, lost engine power and per-formance can be restored. BG Inject-A-Flush® Injector Cleaner is catalytic converter and oxygen sensor safe and is not harmful to gasket materials, "O" rings, metals or any materials used in the auto fuel system. BG Inject-A-Flush® Injector Cleaner is designed for professional use by a trained technician in conjunction with a special cleaning tool, BG Inject-A-Flush® Apparatus (PN 908T or 908H), which can be obtained from your BG representative.
- Remove gas Add one 11 oz (325 ml) can BG 44K® Part No. 208, to fuel tank. Leave gas cap off during procedure. Start engine. Bring to operating temperature. Stop engine.
- Disable fuel pump. NOTE: To perform this on some systems, you must unplug pump at tank, as removing the pump fuse will also disable ignition system.
- Attach 908 tool hose to test port using appropriate adaptor fitting. NOTE: On systems without test port, remove fuel line on inlet side of fuel rail and attach hose using proper fitting.
- Close off return fuel line with hose pliers or with pinch-off clamp, Part No. 97821. Plug line if line cannot be clamped.
- If using tapper handle: Position handle at bottom of can. Can must be upright during service. NOTE: Make sure seam of can is facing you so that you DO NOT pierce the can seam. Squeeze the handle to pierce the can. If using tapper valve: Make sure T-handle is closed and regulator is backed off. Attach tapper valve to can.
Can must be inverted during service.
- Set desired pressure on regulator.
- Start engine. Allow engine to run until can is emptied. Turn the ignition off.
- Remove hose from test port.
- Reconnect inlet fuel line and activate fuel pump. Replace gas cap.
BG Products, Inc., accepts no liability for excessive use or misuse of this product.
IV•XVII ©copyright 2017 BG Products, Inc. • Wichita, KS 67213 • www.bgprod.com